Monday, November 18, 2013

Hello to the best family in the world! How has everyone been doing? I hope everything is going well at home! I can't believe it is already Monday again. And summer is officially here. It has been so hot here! And apparently it is just going to become hotter and hotter. Yayyy....Time is starting to go by a little faster here. Everyone tells me that after the second cambio time just flys by. Speaking of changes, changes are in a week. Ah. I don't know what is going to happen! I have a feeling my comp may be changed because she has been here for eight months but we are hoping she doesn't leave. 


Delicious Fruit!
All struggles and difficulties on a mission are worth it when you have amazing days. On Thursday we worked so hard and taught eight lessons and contacted sixteen people. We broke our record! We taught our investigators and the lesson with them was just amazing. We taught about the word of wisdom and as usual they asked a lot of questions which is the best! I bore my testimony and felt the spirit so strongly. I was impacted during the lesson when I realized that the message I have to share is so marvelous. I get to share this message that Christ lives! It couldn't get better than that. Also, I just have this immense love for this family! They are such wonderful people and I want them to experience the joy of the gospel.  I can feel love growing for the people and want to bring everyone to christ! 

Carrots grow big in Nicaragua!
We had divisions again this week and I went with a sister who is in her twenties and is in my ward. She is the sweetest and cutest muchacha! Love her. We taught some menos activos which went pretty well. We had a little miracle when we were walking to teach another lesson. About three weeks ago, we meet this woman. She was interested in our message so one day we went to teach her but apparently she doesn't actually live in Coyolar. She lives in some other part of Leon but her mom lives here so she is with her mom a lot. To make a long story short, we lost contact with her and I honestly forget about her. Bad I know. While we were walking, this lady came running out of nowhere yelling "Hermana!" She told us she has been praying and hoping that she would find us again. I guess her son has been diagnosed with cancer, he is about 16. This sprouted something in her and she wanted to learn more about our religion. We set up an appointment to meet with her this week. She read the pamphlet about the restoration and she is so excited to learn more. I am so excited to teach her this week! I feel like she is ready to accept this gospel.

My comp and I went to go teach our investigator. She is an older woman and comes to church every Sunday, takes all of our lessons but is hesitant to get baptized. So we gave her a lesson about baptism and the spirit was SO strong. The strongest I have ever felt here in the mission. I know she felt the spirit too 
Birthday Cake frosting dyes our tongues!
Anyways, I am doing well and am loving my mission! I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord in Nicaragua in this time of my life. This work is amazing. I love you all SOO much and hope you have a wonderful week!! 

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Howell 

No comments:

Post a Comment