Thursday, November 14, 2013

Rats and Chicken Feet!



Hola mi familia!! How is everyone doing?! This week has been quite a roller coaster. As always, I am short on time and I have sooo much to say. So I am just going to get into it. 

Trompo-popular toy all the kids here play
This week has been quite an interesting one with animals. This week our district leaders came with us to give one of our investigators a baptismal interview; she said she wasn't ready so the interview didn't take place. However, while we were walking in the street, I apparently stepped on a baby rat and killed it. I didn't even feel anything because my shoes are so dang thick. haha Elder Salinas, one of my district leaders who is so awesome, was dyinggg. He was laughing so hard! There was definitely a dead rat on the road when I looked behind me. So now everyone calls me Hermana matan ratons. Or something like that...it means Hermana Rat Killer in Spanish. I washed my shoes very well when I got home. Oh but just wait, my animal stories get even worse. So one night, I was hungry so I went to the fridge outside to get an apple. As I walked outside, I stepped into this pile of things. There wasn't much light so I couldn't tell what it was at first. As my eyes got adjusted to the dark, I was struck with horror. I was surrounded by chicken feet. Just the feet. All over. I sat there for a second in complete shock, then felt sick and wanted to throw up, then felt like I was going to pass out, so I ran back to my room and laid on my bed for a little bit. Lost my appetite after that. However, it did answer my question about where the chickens have been going.


Streets of Leon
So everyone has been asking a lot about the members and my investigators. The members in my ward are awesome! We have family home evening every night with a great family. They are my favorite couple ever! Felipa is so sweet and always willing to come and help us teach. Rosendo is just the funniest guy! Dad you would get along really well with him. The members are so friendly.  So we are trying to find ways to get the ward excited about missionary work. Now for my investigators...I don't even know where to start. We teach a lot of people but the thing is the people always listen to us but don't want to do anything we say. So not a lot of my investigators are progressing. However, I had an amazing lesson with a family this week. The husband and wife have two cute little boys. I never have felt here that what I say helps any one until this lesson. Anything that I said the family, and especially the husband absorbed. He asked me a lot of questions about the Book of Mormon. We had an hour and a half lesson with them just asking questions the whole time. It was so awesome! I felt that we were answering a lot of his questions in life and he wants to know more. I felt the spirit so strongly during the lesson. This teaching experience was so amazing and showed me there are people in Nicaragua ready to hear the gospel! 
Hermana Rogers and me


Well I hope you all had a good week and a wonderful week this week! I am excited to read your emails you all have sent me! They are the best. I love you all so much!!! 

Love, 

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment