Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dig Deeper!

Hola familia!! Can you believe that next Wednesday I will be seeing you lovely beautiful people and guess what I found out, I definitely can Skype you longer. I AM SO EXCITED! Seriously, December has flown by. I love the house with all the Christmas decorations! So gorgeous! It doesn't really feel like Christmas time here in Nica because there is no snow but people have Christmas decorations so that is fun. Still, sadly we don't have any but today we went Christmas shopping and wow! I definitely remembered the stress of buying people presents. So because we were Christmas shopping, I am short on time today so I apologize in advance that this letter will probably be a little shorter than usual. Also for the Skype thing, I am not exactly sure what is going on with that but I think I will know more info on next Monday. So plan for Christmas to Skype your lovely sister and daughter! What time do you guys want me to Skype? I am stressing because there isn't a cyber with Skype but don't worry I will look for one this week. AH I AM SO EXCITED!!! 

We have been guided to so many women who are ready to accept this Gospel. We taught a woman named Irania who committed to baptism and also Angelica, which we gave her a BOM and right after we left she started reading it! We are mostly teaching women but whatever. Girl power! Another woman we taught, Osyilla Ahora, said she felt that everything we said was true and committed to baptism. So awesome! 

Funny moment of the week was we were teaching a lesson and this teenage boy shakes my hand and goes to kiss me on the cheek. Side note, here in Nica we greet each other by kissing on the cheek. ha ha anyways as he leans in to kiss my cheek, I start shrieking and backing away from him! He pulled away looking sooo confused. I explained to him that as missionaries we cant hug, kiss, etc the opposite sex; oh man it was so funny!

This week as a zone, well only like 10 of us, started doing Insanity every morning. For those of you who don't know what that is, Missy you should know, it is like the hardest workout DVD in America. So every day we wake up at 5:20am, go to the capilla, workout for an hour, and then go back to our houses. It is so much fun! The trainer in it always yells "dig deeper" which explains the title of my email. Other than there is literally a puddle under everyone after working out. But hey we gotta do something to fight off the rice!


So this week has kinda been a struggle.  My faith has been a little struggling and I have felt that no one is there when I need to talk. I have felt distant from my Father in Heaven and have felt very alone. However, in church on Sunday during the class of recent converts and investigators I was teaching, we sang "I know that my Savior lives." These lyrics to this hymn touched my heart so much. As I sang this song I choked back tears because of the beautiful lyrics. I would type all of the lyrics but I don't have time so look them up! I was especially touched by the line "El vive mi amigo fiel." (He lives my faithful friend). Christ is always there for me and will always be mi amigo fiel who can help me through my challenges. I remembered the story, "Footprints in the Sand" when Christ tells the man that when he saw only one set of footprints in the sand in his life, Christ was carrying him during these difficult times. I have been blessed with so much; especially with many tender mercies that testify to me that God knows me and is always there for me. I know that as I continue pressing FORWARD , having my testimony firm in Christ, I will be able to do all things. Many times we experience trials that make us "dig deeper" and realize we need to always have our faith built upon Christ. (Don't you like how I added the Insanity theme in there? Clever I know:)

My mind is racing right now with a billion different things to do. Plus this week hasn't been too exciting. However I was going to do divisions with Wilsynn this week but it kinda fell through. So she came to my house and Mendez went to hers. So we had a little sleepover which was so fun! But in the morning they found out they had to be in Tipitapa for a meeting so Mendez returned. Divisions were fun though while it lasted! 

Well I want you to know how much I LOVE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU SO STINKIN MUCH! I think I don't feel like it is Christmas because all of my family and friends aren't here. I am so grateful to have such an amazing family and wonderful friends. I hope you all have a wonderful week and guess what. I WILL LEGITILY SEE YOU NEXT WEEK! Warning: most likely I will cry. I will try my best not to. But cry happy tears of course. So just a warning. Well I love you all so much! Enjoy the holiday season! And remember Christ during this time. Okay I love you all so much!! 

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Howell 

No comments:

Post a Comment